Thursday, August 30, 2007

boxing


We would like to point out that the following Naseem Hamed interview was conducted by Bill Emes at www.maxboxing.com- and not boxingtalk.com as originally stated.Former featherweight world champion Prince Naseem Hamed has vowed to bring sparkle and excitement back to boxing when he returns to the ring after a four-year absence.Hamed, 31, plans to have his first comeback fight later this year, and the outspoken fighter believes his explosive style will inject some much-needed excitement back into the sport.Speaking to Bill Emes at MaxBoxing.com. the Sheffield fighter said: "As bad it is in boxing, the excitement has lacked a lot. We need some sparkle back in the game and I don't think you're looking too far from that sparkle coming back in."What I do best is entertain, I don't come just to fight, I come with a show. I come with a front flip, I come with a knockout and there's not many people in boxing doing that."Hamed, has revealed that he will be fighting at super featherweight level which contains big names including Manny Pacquiao, old rival Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales. The southpaw, who has won 31 of his 36 fights by knockout, is confident that he will soon be back to his destructive best.He said: "I know y'all guys in the States want me to bring some more drama so I've been telling people that god willing I'm going to get back in town and back to doing what I do best and that's taking people out."I reckon I'm going to be doing it where they're all at and where the most money is and that's super featherweight and you can expect the same Nas." a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home